May 1 – July 8, 2016
Celebrating the process of creation with painting and drawing
Consecrated Reality speaks of the impulse to create as a ceremonious response to the human experience. This exhibition celebrates the process of creation, and of artists who use painting and drawing to reconcile themselves with the world they live in.
The exhibition will showcase some of the best artists in contemporary drawing and painting, including: Juliette Aristides, Steven Assael, Colleen Barry, Daniel Graves, Michael Grimaldi, Michael Klein, Kate Lehmaa, Edward Minoff, Edmond Rochat, Travis Schlaht, Burton Silverman, Robin Smith, Brandon Soloff, Will St. John, and Peter Van Dyck.
For more information about The Florence Academy of Art, click here.
(1) Steven Assael, James and Nicole, 2005
(2) Travis Schlaht, Triptych, 2011
(3) Steven Assael, Andrea, 2014
(4) Michael Grimaldi, Bedroom Interior, 2015
(5) Brandon Soloff, Untitled, 2014-15
(6) Michael Grimaldi, Still Shows, 2015