Mana Process Lab
Mana Process Lab is a creative partnership with New York-based institutions and organizations to support the development of new work in performance, performing arts, and film/video. The program matches artists, nominated by the participating partners, with unused and temporary spaces at Mana Contemporary in Jersey City. Working in collaboration with each artist, the program also offers the public an opportunity to engage with the artistic process through documentation and associated programming, including talks, open rehearsals, and workshops.
(1) Skeleton Architecture collective, Danspace Project, 2016. Photo: Ian Douglas
(2) Carmina Slovenica, Toxic Psalms, 2015.
Photo: Cory Weaver
(3) Moriah Evans, Social Dance 9-12: Encounter, Danspace Project, 2015. Photo: Ian Douglas
(4) Du Yun and Royce Vavrek, Angel’s Bone, 2016. Photo: Cory Weaver
(5) Reggie Wilson/Fist & Heel Performance Group, ...they stood shaking while others began to shout, Danspace Project, 2018. Photo: Ian Douglas
(6) Sean Donovan & Sebastián Calderón Bentin, The Reception, 2017. Photo: Maria Baranova